All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with UK and EU data protection laws.
“Absolute Interpreting and Translations Ltd” (referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” or “Absolute Interpreting and Translations Ltd”) in this policy primarily refers to Absolute Interpreting and Translations Ltd, and, where appropriate, to other companies in the Absolute Interpreting and Translations Ltd. or other entities over which Absolute Interpreting and Translations Ltd exercises management control.
Absolute Interpreting and
Translations Ltd. is the “data controller” of all personal information that is
collected and used about Absolute Interpreting and Translations Ltd Clients for
the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Absolute Interpreting and Translations Ltd is registered in the UK with registration number 6044167. Our Registered offices can be found at 3 Caroline Court, 13 Caroline Street, St. Paul's Square, Birmingham, England, B3 1TR
D: The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
1. If/when visiting our website, information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
2. information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
3. information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with our website;
4. information that you enter when you create a profile on our website—for example, your name, profile pictures, gender, birthday, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details, and employment details;
5. information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
6. information that you enter while using the services on our website;
7. information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
8. information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through our website, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
9. information that you post to our website with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
10. information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
11. any other personal information that you send to us.
12. Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, project reference number, payment details and information about your access to our website.
13. Re Bookings: When providing details of your interpreting or translation requests, we may collect personal data from you when you instruct us to provide a service either directly or indirectly through our trusted third party partners, use our website or other websites accessible through our website, or when you contact us via any of our sub offices. Specifically, we may collect the following relating to your particular requests including but not limited to your name or names of those included in your documents or involved in the meetings, their job titles, business name, business address, details, such as your e-mail address, bank details, telephone number etc.
14. Information about your purchases of our trusted partners’ products and services;
15. Information about your use of our website;
16. The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via letters, emails, chat service, calls, and social media.
We will process any such data only if you have given your explicit consent, or it is necessary, or if you have deliberately made it public.
E: Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website, via email or by fax transmission will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the websites, policy documents and terms of service contracts. We may use your personal information for the following:
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
1. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
2. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
3. All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
4. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
5. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
7. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
8. Details of any payments are transmitted over SSL across dedicated network infrastructure (Multiprotocol Label Switching-MPLS) and stored in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
Absolute Interpreting and Translations Ltd operates businesses in multiple jurisdictions, some of which are not located in the European Economic Area (EEA), such the USA. While countries outside the EEA do not always have strong data protection laws, we require all services providers to process your information in a secure manner and in accordance with UK and EU law on data protection. We utilise standard means under EU law to legitimise data transfers outside the EEA.
H: Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.